Part 1 [Destination:Embassy]
Today I went to the Japan Information and Cultural Center (or also called as the JICC) here at the Philippines, which is actually beside the Embassy itself. J The JICC has really very strict entrance regulations, so it’s really too bad I can’t take pictures of what’s inside...
I told the guards on duty that I would like to avail of the free Monbusho consultation, and they just asked me to surrender my ID and all my devices (which included my camphone, unfortunately, so I haven’t really got any pictures), then I’m presented with a visitor’s ID and I’m on~
The JICC is in the 2nd floor of a building with pretty oriental landscaping and some waiting areas outside reminiscent of what I’ve seen at Japanese universities’ waiting and lounging areas, so pretty... The Library (where I’m supposed to go) is located upstairs. There is an outside staircase so I took that and yahoo! I’m at the lobby of the JICC already!
There is a miniature of a samurai’s armor and mini-versions of Japan’s World Heritage Sites, especially the Kinkakuji and the seaside temple at Hiroshima with the red torii (I forgot what that one’s called :P) I told the librarian that I was going to have the consultation, and she made me fill up the log sheet before letting me in. Talk about letting me in! I have to open a door, and before I get really inside the library there is some kind of air-lock door before finally opening up. It’s like security door-space-security door-library. (It made me feel like I’m entering a bank vault :P) I perused a few university prospectuses available before the counsellor arrived.
I sat in front of her, actually shaking in my seat in nervousness. Good thing the counsellor was a nice woman, and she really made me quite more confident and comfortable... J She even gave me a guide book! So kind of her~ I asked her my questions that I prepared for about a month before, and I’m glad I got all my questions answered. She even told me I got a good chance because I studied in a SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL~ so IF I pass the document screening and I do well in the English, Biology, Chemistry and Math I MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE THE CHANCE!!! (This is all too good to be true~) I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up yet, but what are dreams without FAITH right? J I have to pray more to Mother Mary, Jesus Christ and GOD above all~
After the consultation session I took some time to look at the universities’ prospectuses and before I exited thru the “bank-vault” door, the librarian gave me lots of Nipponia magazines to take home LOL... hahaha! I love the Library!!! I went to their comfort rooms and I was shocked~ The lights are motion sensor operated! :o I exited through a rotating gate, got my things, walked about half a kilometre before I got to an overpass and found a shuttle... Finally I’m on my way to MunSci (Short name of our school, Muntinlupa Science High School). I guess I might’ve slept a little on the way, as it was really humid outside and the shuttle was sooo cosily cold~ J
When I got out of the shuttle I bought a burger and soda on a store nearby and ate it on my way to MunSci~
No comments:
Post a Comment